Splunk Search

Log4j matching

Papemalik1

Hello,

I have 2 lookups, L0011 which contains all (Known) products with the vulnerability Log4shell and L0012 with all the products and assets that I have in house.

I would like to join these 2 lookups to have at the end: all vulnerable products that I have and the assets for each products.

But so far the joining is not working. I have used the command join and lookup, i have added wildcard on the lookup definition  also, but it's not working either. (the results is not exhaustive, i have very few matches)

the main issue is that the names of the products don't match identically (even with wildcard).

Do you guys have any idea on how could I do matching with my two lookups?

do not hesiate to ask if I need to clarify more.

Thanks a lot in advance

Labels (2)
0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

I would consider the approach of normalizing your data -- either clean up the source or lookup products field to match the other.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...