Splunk Search

Is it possible to event break from a single field?

rpraveena03

I do have a multivalue field with the letters cls and tenant at the end of it. Is it possible to break the data into different rows.

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 4.59.28 PM.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rpraveena03

This log is already ingested into Splunk using custom command by the application team. Now I can't go back with props configuration. 

Is there any way to achieve through query from UI

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Unfortunately, poorly-onboarded data stays that way forever.  That's why it's important to test the onboarding process before accepting new data.  I hope you've had a chat with the application team about that.

There is the split SPL function that can be used in conjunction with mvexpand to break a field into multiple events.  That function separates the field based on a single character rather than a string so it won't work in this case.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try putting this in one of your props.conf files

[mysourcetype]
LINE_BREAKER = ()\{"_cls
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...