Splunk Search

How to swap X and Y axis?

bryceweb22
Path Finder

I have an area chart with Time_Taken on the x axis and count on the y axis and I want them to be switched, please help.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Assuming that all of your values on the existing X-axis ARE NUMBERS (this is a BIG "if"), just add this to the bottom of your existing search:

| untable _time Xaxis Yaxis
| xyseries _time Yaxis Xaxis

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Assuming that all of your values on the existing X-axis ARE NUMBERS (this is a BIG "if"), just add this to the bottom of your existing search:

| untable _time Xaxis Yaxis
| xyseries _time Yaxis Xaxis
0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@bryceweb22 Can you share your chart command?You can use untable and xyseries command. This post may help.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/477392/how-do-i-invert-the-x-and-y-axis-in-my-chart.html

0 Karma

bryceweb22
Path Finder

| rex ".*\s(?P\d+)$$$$"
| chart count by Time_Taken span=16
| sort Time_Taken

This is what I have.

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@bryceweb22 - You can simply change your visualization from column chart to bar chart, it will make time on y axis and count on x axis.

0 Karma

bryceweb22
Path Finder

Well I have it as a area chart as of right now and I would prefer to keep it that way unless there is no way to swap their positions

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...