Splunk Search

How to show logs happened 2 min before and 2 min after certain log

ivana27
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

i have search like this

index=pkg_prespvm host IN (*)
| dedup _raw
| transaction host startswith="[Information] STEP = RequestDa" endswith="[Information] -- START TRANSACTION --"
| search "Get Da Transaction NOK --> Payment:OK"

And i want to display logs 2 logs before searched one and 2 logs after searched one.

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@ivana27 

If you want to find transactions two minutes around the middlemost occurrence of your search string, you might use:

| dedup _raw
| transaction host startswith="[Information] STEP = RequestDa" endswith="[Information] -- START TRANSACTION --"
| eventstats median(eval(case(like(_raw, "%Get Da Transaction NOK --> Payment:OK%"), _time))) as mid_time
| where _time>=relative_time(mid_time, "-2m") AND _time<=relative_time(mid_time, "+2m")

If you want to find transactions two minutes before and after the earliest and latest occurrences of your search string, you might use:

| dedup _raw
| eventstats min(eval(case(like(_raw, "%Get Da Transaction NOK --> Payment:OK%"), _time))) as min_time max(eval(case(like(_raw, "%Get Da Transaction NOK --> Payment:OK%"), _time))) as max_time
| where _time>=relative_time(min_time, "-2m") AND _time<=relative_time(max_time, "+2m")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...