Splunk Search

How to set up a static line on a line timechart and have two y-axes per chart in Splunk 4.3.6?

giovere
Path Finder
  1. Is there a way to have a bold red static line (for example y=100) in a line timechart?

2. Is it possible to have two y axes per timechart? At the end to have two timelines each of them having its own y-axes.

Using Splunk 4.3.6 and simple XML dashboard.

0 Karma
1 Solution

bmunson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Using splunk 4 this is not possible. If you upgrade to at least splunk 6.1 then yes you can.

You can however get a static line quite easily. After your reporting command add the following.

| eval MyField = 100 

View solution in original post

bmunson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Using splunk 4 this is not possible. If you upgrade to at least splunk 6.1 then yes you can.

You can however get a static line quite easily. After your reporting command add the following.

| eval MyField = 100 

giovere
Path Finder

thanks, this is good enough for my purposes. Any idea if two axes will be possible in Splunk 6?

0 Karma

bmunson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm afraid this only came in with version 6.1 and is called chart overlay. You can read about it here.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1/Viz/Chartcontrols#Chart_overlay

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...