Splunk Search

How to pass Panels XML dynamically to Splunk XML Dashboard using Javascript?

ericaooi
Explorer

Hi,

I would like to have a xml panels code to be passed from Javascript to Splunk XML code dynamically.
For instance, by default, the XML dashboard has 2 panels. After that, when javascript file is executed, the panels will be added dynamically accordingly to the conditions of the user to have 3 or more panels based on conditions.

I have tried to passed the XML panel code from Javascript as a token to XML code but the Dashboard does not display the panel in Dashboard. Following is a sample code I have.

XML

<dashboard>

<row>
       $table1$
</row>
</dashboard>

Javascript

const panel = '<panel><table><search><query>index=_internal  | stats count by sourcetype</query><earliest>-24h@h</earliest><latest>now</latest><sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio></search><option name="count">20</option><option name="dataOverlayMode">none</option><option name="drilldown">none</option><option name="percentagesRow">false</option><option name="rowNumbers">false</option><option name="totalsRow">false</option><option name="wrap">true</option></table></panel>'
        var parser = new DOMParser();
        var xmlDoc = parser.parseFromString(panel, "text/xml"); //important to use "text/xml"
        tokens.set("table1", xmlDoc.documentElement);
        submitted_tokens.set(tokens.toJSON());

May I know how to solve this, please?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...