Splunk Search

How is the Size value on the job page calculated and logged in Splunk?

amat
Explorer

I am trying to figure out how the Size value in the Job page is calculated and where that is logged in splunk.

I checked:

| rest /services/search/jobs|table label  diskUsage

The diskUsage value was close but didnt match the Size value in the Job page.

In Introspection,

index=_introspection | table _time data.search_props.user data.search_props.provenance data.elapsed data.mem_used data.search_props.user data.written_mb

Data.mem_used and data.written_mb seem to be close ( after adding the values since a job creates multiple events) but they also dont match the Size value.

Cant seem to find a way to locate that and create a report from it. I am basically trying to find a way to make a report showing user job history and the size of their jobs.

Any help would be great!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...