value2
value3
value4

but I want the serial no. should be before each line as follows:

1 value1
2 value2
3 value3
4 value

When I export in .csv or .xlsx format. I should get my result along with serial no.

Please help

Tags (4)

jawaharas
Motivator

You can try 'Format'->'Row Numbers'.

jawaharas_0-1609895521463.png

0 Karma

Gilberto_Castil
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If I understand your question, you want to have an incremental row number paired with your results. If this is the case, this is similar to this question and a similar answer applies.

The Splunk command you are looking for here is accum -which increments a field value by one.

index=blah sourcetype=blah blah | eval SNO=1 | accum SNO | table SNO Field1 

It should be noted, however, that Splunk will show row numbers in a table by default. The numbering will begin at one (1).

srizan
Path Finder

This definitely helped me!

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you mean serial order or serial number ?

In Splunk the the order is chronological, based on the timestamp.
Or i you want you own order, in your logs, add a columns with an incrementing number.

abhayneilam
Contributor

I want to add a separate column which would contain the serial number with the incrementing number.

Please help me regarding this !!

Thanks in Advance
Abhay

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...