Splunk Search

Find time difference between two events with different search conditions and same keys, compile all difference by keys?

roshankandeIntu
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hey splunk community!

I need to create a search query to find instances where the time between a "Cache set' log from my application and a "Cache miss" log is not equal to a certain value(The configured TTL), for any cache key.

I've attempted starting with a particular key(sampleKey) but the end goal is to tabularize these results for all keys.

Here's my attempt to calculate the time difference for a sampleKey, between the set and miss times :

index= authzds-e2e* "setting value into memcached" "key=sampleKey" [search index=authzds-e2e* "Cache status=miss" "key=sampleKey" | stats latest(_time) as missTime ] | stats earliest(_time) as setTime| eval timeDiff=setTime-missTime

My goal is to calculate the difference between consecutive set and miss events, key-wise (not earliest/latest as in the above query)

Labels (5)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use transaction.

index= authzds-e2e* ("setting value into memcached" OR "Cache status=miss")
| transaction key startswith="Cache status=miss" endswith="setting value into memcached"
| stats avg(duration) by key

Of course, transaction is expensive.  So use stats 

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...