Splunk Search

Eval case statement

anissabnk
Path Finder

Hello,

I hope everything is okay.

I need your help.

I am using this spl request :

"index="bloc1rg" AND libelle IN (IN_PREC, OUT_PREC, IN_BT, OUT_BT, IN_RANG, OUT_RANG) earliest=-1mon@mon latest=-1d@d
| append [search index="bloc1rg" AND libelle IN (IN_PREC, OUT_PREC, IN_BT, OUT_BT, IN_RANG, OUT_RANG) earliest=-1mon@mon latest=-1d@d
| chart count over id_flux by libelle
| eval IN_BT_OUT_BT=IN_BT+OUT_BT
| eval IN_PREC_OUT_PREC=IN_PREC+OUT_PREC
| eval IN_RANG_OUT_RANG=IN_RANG+OUT_RANG
| where IN_BT_OUT_BT>=2
| where IN_PREC_OUT_PREC >=2
| where IN_RANG_OUT_RANG >=2
| transpose
| search column=id_flux
| transpose
| fields - "column"
| rename "row 1" as id_flux] | stats last(_time) as last_time by id_flux libelle "

I have this results :

anissabnk_0-1696253849317.png

I can't get what I want.

Let me explain.

For a given id_flux, I'd like to have the response time defined as follows:
- out_rang time - in_rang time
- time out_prec - time in_prec
-time out_bt - time in_bt

Voilà ce que j'ai utilisé comme requête complète :

search index="bloc1rg" AND libelle IN (IN_PREC, OUT_PREC, IN_BT, OUT_BT, IN_RANG, OUT_RANG) earliest=-1mon@mon latest=-1d@d |chart count over id_flux by libelle |eval IN_BT_OUT_BT=IN_BT+OUT_BT |eval IN_PREC_OUT_PREC=IN_PREC+OUT_PREC |eval IN_PREC_OUT_PREC=IN_PREC+OUT_PREC | eval IN_RANG_OUT_RANG=IN_RANG+OUT_RANG |where IN_BT_OUT_BT>=2 |where IN_PREC_OUT_PREC >=2 |where IN_RANG_OUT_RANG >=2 |transpose |search column=id_flux |transpose |fields - "column" |rename "row 1" as id_flux] | eval sortorder=case(libelle=="IN_PREC",1,libelle=="OUT_PREC" AND statut=="KO",2,libelle=="OUT_PREC" AND statut=="OK",3,libelle=="IN_BT",4,libelle=="OUT_BT",5, libelle=="IN_RANG",6, libelle=="OUT_RANG" AND statut=="KO",7, libelle=="OUT_RANG" AND statut=="OK",8) | sort 0 sortorder |eval libelle=if(sortorder=2,"ARE", (if (sortorder=3,"AEE", (if(sortorder=7, "BAN",(if(sortorder=8, "CCO", libelle))))))) |table libelle sortorder _time |chart avg(_time) over sortorder by libelle | filldown AEE, ARE, IN_BT, IN_PREC, OUT_BT, IN_RANG, OUT_RANG |eval OK=abs(OUT_BT-IN_BT)/1000 |eval AEE=abs(AEE-IN_PREC)/1000 |eval ARE=abs(ARE-IN_PREC)/1000 |eval CCO=abs(CCO-IN_RANG) |eval BAN=abs(BAN-IN_RANG) |fields - sortorder |stats values(*) as * |table AEE ARE BAN CCO OK |transpose |rename "row 1" as "temps de traitement (s)" |rename column as "statut"

Labels (2)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is rather strange to use the exact same base search in a subsearch.  If nothing else, this reduces performance.  It is also strange that you have to use two consecutive transpose inside the subsearch seemingly just to get a list of id_flux values.  I think you are looking for appendpipe, not append.

index="bloc1rg" AND libelle IN (IN_PREC, OUT_PREC, IN_BT, OUT_BT, IN_RANG, OUT_RANG) earliest=-1mon@mon latest=-1d@d
| stats max(_time) as last_time count by id_flux libelle
| appendpipe
    [chart sum(count) over id_flux by libelle]
| eventstats values(IN_*) as IN_* values(OUT_*) as OUT_* by id_flux
| search libelle=*
| search IN_BT_OUT_BT>=2 AND IN_PREC_OUT_PREC >=2 AND IN_RANG_OUT_RANG >=2
``` the above is equivalent to search 1 ```

In fact, appendpipe can also help you determine the response times you are looking, if I am guessing your intention correctly:

index="bloc1rg" AND libelle IN (IN_PREC, OUT_PREC, IN_BT, OUT_BT, IN_RANG, OUT_RANG) earliest=-1mon@mon latest=-1d@d
| stats max(_time) as last_time count by id_flux libelle
| appendpipe
    [chart sum(count) over id_flux by libelle]
| eventstats values(IN_*) as IN_* values(OUT_*) as OUT_* by id_flux
| search libelle=*
| search IN_BT_OUT_BT>=2 AND IN_PREC_OUT_PREC >=2 AND IN_RANG_OUT_RANG >=2
``` the above is equivalent to search 1 ```
| appendpipe
    [chart limit=0 max(last_time) over id_flux by libelle]
| search NOT libelle=*
| fields - libelle last_time
| eval response_rang = OUT_RANG - IN_RANG
| eval response_prec = OUT_PREC - IN_PREC
| eval response_bt = OUT_BT - IN_BT

For the purpose of getting the help you wanted from this forum, complex SPL - especially with multiple transpose, only adds barrier to volunteers' understanding of your real objective.  I suggest that you describe the basic data set, describe the desired outcome, and describe the logic between desired outcome and the data.  Illustrate with text tables and strings (anonymize as necessary).

Tags (2)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@anissabnk so do you have ONE of each libelle per event, if so then how do you define response time - is it the TIME of the event, so BT time is OUT time - IN time and is there only a SINGLE one of each libelle per flux?

Try something like this

| stats max(eval(if(libelle="IN_PREC",  _time, null()))) as IN_PREC_TIME
        max(eval(if(libelle="OUT_PREC", _time, null()))) as OUT_PREC_TIME
        max(eval(if(libelle="IN_BT",    _time, null()))) as IN_BT_TIME
        max(eval(if(libelle="OUT_BT",   _time, null()))) as OUT_BT_TIME
        max(eval(if(libelle="IN_RANG",  _time, null()))) as IN_RANG_TIME
        max(eval(if(libelle="OUT_RANG", _time, null()))) as OUT_RANG_TIME
        by id_flux
| eval response=(OUT_PREC_TIME-IN_PREC_TIME) + (OUT_BT_TIME-IN_BT_TIME) + (OUT_RANG_TIME-IN_RANG_TIME)
| fields - *_TIME

so you are collecting all the event times for each of the event types by flux id and then just calculating the  response time at the end.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...