Splunk Search

Append 2 searches together in o365 to show if a file share has been deleted

nathanluke86
Communicator

I have a search query to display external files shares that are active (Sharepoint/Onedrive).

This is working and shows us when file shares to third parties are still active.

index=o365 file_path=* user=urn* OR TargetUserOrGroupType=Guest
| fillnull value="-"
| dedup UniqueSharingId TargetUserOrGroupName
| where NOT Operation=="RemovedFromSecureLink"
|stats latest(_time) by user Operation file_path file_name vendor_product TargetUserOrGroupName UniqueSharingId

The issue we have is if a user just deletes the file share folder (so no longer an active share) the dashboard still displays the share as active.

I need to append the following search and match to the unique sharing location to display if the file/folder has been deleted:

index=o365 Operation=FileDeleted

TIA

Labels (2)
0 Karma

rupkumar4sec
Path Finder

You can use a sub search to ignore the deleted files from results. Something like 

index=o365 file_path=* user=urn* OR TargetUserOrGroupType=Guest NOT
[ search index=o365 Operation=FileDeleted
| table file_path,file_name ]
| fillnull value="-"
| dedup UniqueSharingId TargetUserOrGroupName
| where NOT Operation=="RemovedFromSecureLink"
| stats latest(_time) by user Operation file_path file_name vendor_product TargetUserOrGroupName UniqueSharingId

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...