Splunk Enterprise Security

Error in 'apply' command: Failed to load model "smb_pdfmodel": Model does not exist.

BenzSann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I tried to enable some use cases from Splunk ESCU and then I copied SPL command and run searching to test.  It seems that some use cases show error due to MLTK.  

Any idea how to solve this?     I use Splunk Core 8.0.4 with ES 6.2.0

0 Karma

Pcktech
Explorer

Not sure if you still have this question, but I had the same one and don't like unanswered forum questions (never know who is in need of an answer)...

Go to Search, Reports, & Alerts, and find "ESCU - Baseline of SMB Traffic - MLTK" (thanks to https://docs.splunksecurityessentials.com/content-detail/smb_traffic_spike_-_mltk/ for this thread to pull). Enable this saved search, and schedule it hourly (or change its time window from -70/-10min to whatever you like).

If you run it manually, be aware that it will save smb_pdfmodel under your user context. So, if you want to test the Correlation Rule before the next scheduled run time: run the saved search "ESCU - Baseline of SMB Traffic - MLTK" and then go to Lookups > Lookup Tables. Look for "smb_pdfmodel" under all Apps and Owners. Click Change Permissions and set it to Global with desired permissions (E.g. everyone read). This should move the smb_pdfmodel to the DA-ESS-ContentUpdate app context.

Now the Correlation Rule "SMB Traffic Spike - MLTK" will run successfully.

FYI: You can also find the file at /opt/splunk/etc/apps/DA-ESS-ContentUpdate/lookups/__mlspl_smb_pdfmodel.mlmodel

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...