Splunk Dev

How does search head clustering refer to python files in this case?

kimch330
Engager

i have search head A and B and C.
it is search head clustering structure.

i modified $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/custom_apps/lib/connect.py from search head C and restartss to search head C only.

i think change and applied from search head C only.

but, search head A and B together change and applied

my questions mean I modified Search Head C directly without using deployer, but why does it work? and How does search head clustering refer to python files in this case?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kimch330

I don't think any python file which is modified through backend will replicate. In such changes, you should go with the deployer. Deployer will take care of that.

The changes that the cluster replicates

These are the main types of configuration changes that the cluster replicates:

• Runtime changes or additions to knowledge objects, such as saved searches, lookup tables, and dashboards. For example, when a user in Splunk Web defines a field extraction, the cluster replicates that field extraction to all search heads in the cluster.
  • Runtime changes to users and roles. See Add users to the search head cluster.

Please check the below document for more information about replication.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.3/DistSearch/HowconfrepoworksinSHC

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...