Reporting

Dashboard Tokens and PDF Delivery help

Jarohnimo
Builder

I'm utilizing tokens on my dashboard to dynamicly generate date ranges for the header. This involved adding a panel that uses html.

It works fine to run the tokens in the header of the dashboard but the tokens don't run when the dashboard is scheduled to delivery pdf

<div id="custom_header">
<div id="custom_header_title"><h1>weekly report for analyst for week $earliest_time$ through $latest_time$</h1></div>
</div>

when the report is emailed via PDF it actually shows $earliest_time$ through $latest_time$ (ignores running the tokens)... Vs the dashboard that actually runs the tokens and showing the relative dates

I believe this maybe a limitation in splunk looking at the doc but ask for someone confirm? And if there work around?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.3/Alert/EmailNotificationTokens

Labels (1)

j0e3gan
Explorer

Correct re the limitation to my understanding unfortunately.  See an older related thread.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...