Knowledge Management

How to delete KV Store data older than 30 days?

AditiKulkarni

In our application, there is a requirement where we have to retain data in KV Store for a month (i.e. 30 days) and delete data that is older than 30 days. Is there any way/configuration where we can delete the KV Store data older than 30 days? I don't want to use scheduled search for this.

Could anyone give suggestion?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

tfechner
Path Finder

Any new possibility in 7.1 to remove old entries in a timebased kvstore?

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

Do you store any kind of timestamp in your KV store? If so, what is it called and please give an example of its value.

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

Also, you WILL have to use a scheduled search for this, but you only need to run it once/day. Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to?

0 Karma

Jason
Motivator

As far as I know, there is no method for deleting individual records from the KV store using their keys, from the search bar, or automatically from a configuration somewhere.

You could use the inputlookup and outputlookup (without append=t) commands to bring in the entirety of the collection, search through it to keep what you want (likely some sort of where on a time field), and output it back to the kv store.

Deletion is currently handled through hitting a REST endpoint with a DELETE method. Example in the UI using the Javascript SDK.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...