Getting Data In

time field search in load job not working

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi,

I have a savedsearch which i am calling like below. 

| loadjob savedsearch="admin:Splunk_Security:chk_coding_pie_accl" |search Time="*2020-08-24*"

When i have to use Time tokens then its not workingchk_load.PNG

This loadjob query is my pie chart query for a panel where earlist time and latest time will be as per the choosen time from the time field. 

Now when i try to pass this like below i get no results although it has value for that Time. 

|loadjob savedsearch="admin:appname:savedsearch" |search earliest=$field1.earliest$ latest=$field1.latest$ | stats count by Manager

How to pass the time properly here ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

First, convert your Time field using below eval Time_epoch and then you need to pass your value in where in epoch time.

|makeresults | eval _raw="Time,user
2020-08-24 12:50:14,admin
2020-09-01 12:40:14,power"
| multikv forceheader=1
| table Time user 
| eval Time_epoch=strptime(Time,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| where Time_epoch<=1598259014
————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

you should pass something like below:

| search earliest=“” latest=“”

the format of earliest and latest is 

%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.5/SearchReference/SearchTimeModifiers

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi @thambisetty 

I understand that i have to change the format but it doesn't work as expected. I added the where clause but looks like that doesn't work. 

| where Time=strptime("1599503400","%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...