Getting Data In

Ingest CSV file as metrics ?

Muthu_Vinith
Path Finder

Hello Experts,

I'm currently having CSV file that contains fields such as ID, IP, OS, status, tracking_method, Last_boot, First_found_date, last_activity, hostname, domain, etc. I want to ingest as metrics data. Is it possible? I'd appreciate any guidance or examples how to achieve this.?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Muthu_Vinith 

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

Muthu_Vinith
Path Finder

Thanks @VatsalJagani 

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Muthu_Vinith - If the answer helps you, kindly upvote, and if it resolves your question accept by clicking on "Accept as Solution".

0 Karma

Muthu_Vinith
Path Finder

@VatsalJagani  I'm trying to work on setting up auto import for CSV file into a metric index. How to schedule this process? Any insights or examples would be greatly appreciated.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Muthu_Vinith - Let's say if your CSV files are getting generated inside a folder called my_csv_files, then you can monitor that folder with Splunk to ingest all new CSV files in that folder.

[monitor:///var/log/my_csv_files]
# Above, you need to put full CSV path
# you need to install Splunk or Splunk UF on that machine and enable this input
disabled = 0
index = my_metrics_idx

Reference - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.6/Data/Monitorfilesanddirectorieswithinputs.conf 

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if this helps!!!

0 Karma

Muthu_Vinith
Path Finder

Okay, Thanks @VatsalJagani 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...