Getting Data In

App/Add-on

BRFZ
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello,

I have an architecture with a single SH and two indexers. I've installed the Splunk for Microsoft 365 add-on on the search head, so the collected logs are stored in the search head's index, but I want them to be stored on the indexers. Can you help me?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

BRFZ
Loves-to-Learn Lots

@PaulPanther Thank you for your response, and does it not have any impact given that the indexers are not in a cluster?

0 Karma

PaulPanther
Builder

@BRFZ  If you have no cluster the data are not replicated. So if one indexer goes down your search couldn't access all data.

0 Karma

PaulPanther
Builder

1. Create the neccessary indexes on your indexer

2. Configure Best practice: Forward search head data to the indexer layer - Splunk Documentation

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...