Deployment Architecture

Test SHC running out of mem every day.

Jarohnimo
Builder

Hello,

I have a test environment and the SHC members aren't allocated the recommended resources (because it's test) however i haven't had any issues with the environment until recent. For whatever reason in my test environment the 3 node SHC members keep getting shut down because of signal 9 (the server itself is killing the splunk process) Signal 9 is a KILL signal from an external process. The server is running out of memory, and thats the cause for the kill

If i restart the SHC members the resources are freed but the spiral starts over once again.

screenshot that shows the decline, something is eating away at it.

Jarohnimo_0-1628268065370.png

When i run the top command on the searcheads and press e to change the unit i can see it's splunk mongod that's taking up most of the mem so far.

I also will have replication issue every now and again, where i have to resyc.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The solution to the OOM killer is to add more memory.  Just because a system is a test system doesn't mean you can deprive it of the resources it needs.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...