Dashboards & Visualizations

saved search to improve the dashboard performance

selvam_sekar
Path Finder

Hi,

My dashboard seems to be taking around 1.3 mints to load the data for multiple panels and sometime it takes around 4 mints to load the data. My client come up with an requirement to get 'auto refresh" feature  enabled for the dashboard with 15 mints intervals.

I used base search and the base search intern uses the | tstats. I am not familiar with save search or scheduled serch or loadjob.

Please could you advise? how to implement the feature

Thanks,

Selvam.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @selvam_sekar,

you have some methods to accelerate your search that youcan find described at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.2/Knowledge/Aboutsummaryindexing

My hint is to use Datamodels or Summary indexes.

About the second, you have to schedule your searches with a frequency to defin based on the time for the search execution and your refresh requirements.

So you can save the results in a summary index and then run your search on the aggregated values that you have in the summary index.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @selvam_sekar,

you have some methods to accelerate your search that youcan find described at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.2/Knowledge/Aboutsummaryindexing

My hint is to use Datamodels or Summary indexes.

About the second, you have to schedule your searches with a frequency to defin based on the time for the search execution and your refresh requirements.

So you can save the results in a summary index and then run your search on the aggregated values that you have in the summary index.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

selvam_sekar
Path Finder

sure, thanks for the note @gcusello . summary index or scheduled search both are same?

Please could you suggest, how to implement the scheduled search ?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @selvam_sekar,

they are two different thing to use in different situations:

sheduled searches can be used when you have a fixed search to display in a panel, e.g. to replace a Real Time Search.

Summeary index is the best solution if you want to pre-elaborate your results and leave the users to aggregate as whey want the already elaborated results.

I usually use summary indexes.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...