Dashboards & Visualizations

Use drilldown token in URL

coreyCLI
Path Finder

I have a simple dashboard with a few single value visualizations.  Clicking on then will open a panel below to reveal a table related to that single value using depends=$token$.  These single value metrics are also tied to scheduled searches that send out email alerts when issues arise.  What I need to figure out is how to format the "link" in the email that will open this dashboard (this part is easy), but will ALSO open the table below the single value metrics.  

Here is the current drilldown for a single value.

<drilldown>
   <set token="idx"></set>
</drilldown>

Here is how I am using it in the panel to be opened.

<row id="panel4" depends="$idx$">

I have tried changing the drilldown to this.

<drilldown>
   <set token="idx">open</set>
</drilldown>

and tried using this URL to link to the dashboard and ALSO open the panel below.  But it does not work.

https://fqdn/en-US/app/appname/dashboardname?idx=open

Labels (4)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What you appear to be doing should work, is it possible that the dashboard is unsetting the token?

0 Karma

coreyCLI
Path Finder

I have no "unset" configured for that token so I don't believe so.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...