Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk 9.1.1 quarantine shared controls

lanning_bradley
Explorer

After migrating to Splunk 9.1.1, all of the controls under: splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/views/shared/controls/ are no longer there.

Doing a search found them under: splunk/quarantined_files/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/views/shared/controls folder. 

Was there a reason all of the controls where moved?  I looked under the Release docs, but didn't find anything on this topic.

Is there a reason all of these are quarantined or can I move them all back?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)

lanning_bradley
Explorer

Found it.

So I removed the files I had copied into the shared folder from the quarantine folder, updated that server setting and restarted Splunk.

That didn't work.

I see the same JS error. It doesn't find the files that are in the quarantined folder.  Shoot.

Thought I had a No-Code solution. 

I will move the three files back over and test this a little more.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Don't move the files.

That directory contains old jQuery 3.4 files now that Splunk has moved to jQuery 3.5 for security reasons.  If you need to use 3.4, go to Settings->Server settings->Internal Library Settings and click the "Unrestrict" button under "jQuery Libraries older than 3.5".

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Tags (1)

lanning_bradley
Explorer

Thanks for the quick response!

lanning_bradley_0-1697479011166.png

Where do I find Internal Library settings?

if I update my Settings, will Splunk find those files under the quarantine folder?

Brad

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's under Server settings.  I've updated my answer.

Changing the setting will let you use older jQuery libraries.  How exactly that happens doesn't really matter, does it?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...