Dashboards & Visualizations

Need Guidance on Formatting SPL Output for Individual Machine Values

sanjai
Explorer

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a Dashboard to visualize Database latency across various machines, and I'm encountering an issue with the Line Chart's SPL (Search Processing Language). The SPL requirement is to retrieve all values of the field ms_per_block grouped by ds_file_path and machine.

Here's my SPL:

index=development sourcetype=custom_function user_action=database_test ds_file=*
| eval ds_file_path=ds_path."\\".ds_file
| search ds_file_path="\\\\swmfs\\orca_db_january_2024\\type\\rwo.ds"
| chart values(ms_per_block) by ds_file_path machine

My result:

sanjai_1-1715242504369.png

My goal is to have the output where each ds_file_path value is listed in individual rows along with the corresponding machine and ms_per_block values in separate rows. I've tried using the table command:

| table ds_file_path, machine, ms_per_block

sanjai_2-1715248060530.png

But this doesn't give me the desired output. The machine name is under a field, whereas I need the machine name to be a separate field, each containing its respective ms_per_block value.

I feel like I'm missing something here. Any guidance on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

Have a look ta the transpose command, see the examples, this may work for you. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/SearchReference/Transpose  

0 Karma

sanjai
Explorer

Thanks for the reply @deepakc  , but that didn't work for me🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...