Dashboards & Visualizations

How to save custom time range for user interface to be used in reports?

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Hi,

I would like to save a custom time range, that can be used in reports.

settings -> user interface -> time ranges:

Name: Test
Label Test

Earliest time: 1406851200
Latest time: @d

Submenu: Other

Spunk complains about the "invalid time: 1406851200". How can I set the earliest time to a specific date? I've already done something like this, but I can't remember how to avoid this error...

BR

Heinz

Tags (3)
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

times.conf specifically allows epoch times, so you might just need to edit it there: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.3/Admin/timesconf

Alternatively, assuming you only need that custom time range for a limited amount of time, you could write a relative time expression that does the same thing for long enough - in your case you might be looking for @y+7mon to mean "the start of August this year", good until December 31st.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

times.conf specifically allows epoch times, so you might just need to edit it there: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.3/Admin/timesconf

Alternatively, assuming you only need that custom time range for a limited amount of time, you could write a relative time expression that does the same thing for long enough - in your case you might be looking for @y+7mon to mean "the start of August this year", good until December 31st.

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Editing the times.conf worked fine. But I'm still wondering, how I was able to use a timestamp in the UI some months ago 😉

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...