Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add an image/logo in the top panel on my dashboards in Splunk 6.1.3?

splunkn
Communicator

I want to add my company logo in top panel on my dashboards. Im running splunk version 6.1.3
I have used html module in simple xml. However no luck.
Any ideas?

Am I able to schedule [pdf] that dashboard with that image?
Is that any size constraints?

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

NOUMSSI
Builder

Hi,

To do that, create your dashboard and a css file; then put the css file in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps//appserver/static. Call that css file in your dashboard. After node add this example of source code:

<html>
     <h1 id="id2">
             Top Sourcetypes (Last 24 hours)
      </h1>         
</html>

Copy your image logo in the directory $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps//appserver/static. the image most have the extension .png, .jpeg.
Now, in your css file, add this source code:

#id2 {
    background-image: url(your_image_name.png);

}

Finally save.
If there is no change, try to restart splunk.,

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

Adding to @MuS , with 6.x above, application.css and application.js are ignored. You have to link the stylesheet in the simple xml code.

Oh and use firebug to get the classes eg.fieldset and add a reference in your application.css . I have done something similar a week ago to an app.

Thanks,
Raghav

0 Karma

splunkn
Communicator

Raghav, With html im able to get the logo in my dashboard.
But if I scheduled this dashboard as pdf im not getting the image in my pdf report.
Could you please explain?

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi splunkn,

take a look at the docs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.3/AdvancedDev/UseCSS#Add_images this will give some examples how to add images / logos into your app / dashboard.

cheers, MuS

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...