Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add a link to an HTML or XML dashboard to send a text message to a number?

tdiestel
Path Finder

Does anyone know how I can add a link to an HTML or XML Dashboard to send a text message to a cell phone number?

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no built-in function in splunk to send text messages as far as I know, so you'll have to rely on a third party for that - my first find was Tropo, for instance, but you'll be sure to find what you need with google.

To use something like this from a splunk dashboard, I could imagine it's as simple as adding an <html> tag to define a button and call some javascript when it's clicked. You could also pass any search results to js either via tokens, from a drilldown action or from the search directly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...