All Apps and Add-ons

Why can't I install app on Splunk?

jesusnoya15

I have a problem with my credentials "Splunk.com" when I attempt to install the app "Splunk add-ons for Microsoft Windows". The message error says that the credentials are incorrect, but I probed the credentials in my browser, and yes are correct.

I reset my password to the web site splunk.com, but still, I can't logon to install the app in Splunk.

Can you help me with this problem, please?

2023-01-09 13_24_03-DFIR-SCILabs - VMware Workstation.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hi @jesusnoya15 ,

I also had this problem because I was using my email address instead of my Splunk username. Be sure to use your username...

Regards,

GaetanVP

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jesusnoya15,

i suppose that you're speaking of an istallation directly from Splunkbase not passing throgh a downloaded file.

In this case, remember that the account to use to install an app isn't your Splunk account on the system but your account on Splunkbase.

Anyway you can workaround the problem installing by file.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...