All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I missing cpu count data in my Server Virtualization dashboard?

luisgustavo
Explorer

When you click a Virtual Machine or Host in a dashboard (server virtualization app) the first dashboard shows vm/host name, and CPU count or vCPU/pCPU ratio. These are always N/A for me.
Seems that either the search is missing a filter to use only records that have the cpu count field, or the scripts do not put this field in all records.

0 Karma

luisgustavo
Explorer

Trying to fix the Virtual Machine dashboard (when you click a VM), i added vm_cpu_count=*, so the first hidden search became:

<param name="search">
                    `servervirt_index` sourcetype=hypervisor:*:vm vm_cpu_count=* vm_name="$vmname$" |
                    head 1 |
                    fields vm_host vm_cpu_count
    </param>

About the hosts dashboard (when you click a host), there seems to be a similar problem, but changing the eventtype to eventtype=servervirt:* in the third search seems to fix it:

<param name="search">
                    eventtype=servervirt:* cpu_count="*" hyp_hostname="$hostname$" |
                    head 1 |
                    fields hyp_hostname cpu_count |
                    rename hyp_hostname as vm_host cpu_count as pCPU |
                    join type=inner vm_host [search eventtype=servervirt:vm:* vm_cpu_count=* | dedup vm_id | fields vm_cpu_count, vm_host | stats sum(vm_cpu_count) as vCPU by vm_host ] |
                    eval avgcpu=round(vCPU/pCPU,2) |
                    rangemap field=avgcpu ok=0-`alerts-high_vCPU_to_pCPU` default=critical |
                    table vm_host, pCPU, vCPU, avgcpu, range
                </param>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...