All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting "Internal Server Error" trying to connect Splunk DB Connect 2 and a distributed database?

AtillaMaia

I have got Internal Server Error all day after I validated the connection. However, the connection has been too slow, and I didn't get any output in my tests.

After many attempts, I have got only Internal Server Error. I haven't found anything in the documentation that could figure out.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

luislema
Path Finder

You need to open your firewall for port 1433.

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @AtillaMaia

Please be sure to include as much detail as possible for users here on Answers to help you. What connection are you talking about exactly? What version of Splunk are you using? On what OS? Any additional information will be helpful as this is currently a very vague description.

0 Karma

AtillaMaia

I'm using Windows 7 and my Splunk version is Enterprise 6.2.3-264376. The connection that I talked is between Splunk DB Connect v2 and a distributed database. Also, I'm using MS Sql Server. For a while, I could validate the connection and get a result but it took too much time. Then, I have been getting only Internal Server Error.

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Thanks. I just updated your post to hopefully get more visibility on your issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...