All Apps and Add-ons

Support for Okta app "API Services" auth type vs just "Web Application" auth type

argo
Explorer

We would like to be able to configure the Okta application to be of a "API Services " application type vs a "Web Application" type when setting up the "Splunk Add-on for Okta Identiy Cloud TA" for OAuth2. When using a "Web Application" type, this requires a user account associated with the auth flow. This ties the auth to a specific user which, if the user is suspended or disabled, the TA stops working. Ideally this is not tied to a user, but to an "API Services" application type. Okta recommends the "API Services" application type to be used for machine to machine auth. Are there plans to support this in the add on going forward since "Web Application" type is less robust and not what Okta ideally recommends?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...