All Apps and Add-ons

Add on Builder adds aob_events_in_meta.json and .aob_meta file- Has anyone encountered these extra files?

hansmmaldonado
Observer

I used AoB to make a TA which is pulling data using a python script.

Whether I export or Download Package, I get some additional files which are preventing me from installing the TA to another instance. I get a .json and a .aob_meta, and these are the problematic files which get referenced in the error when I attempt to install to a different Splunk Enterprise server.

the other unexpected behavior is that the props are not merging to default directory, as the docs lead me to believe should be happening, but I saw reference to that being a known bug

I'm gonna attempt a manual packing of my app, but has anyone encountered these extra files?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

hughkelley
Path Finder

I also get the aob_meta file when I export to SPL.   This contains the test parameters I used during development,  which feels like information leakage.

0 Karma

hansmmaldonado
Observer

manual removal of unwanted files, mv local to default, then re tar.gz resolved my issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...