Alerting

Are there limitations on the number of real-time alerts that one user creates?

benjaminmeyers
Engager

Mainly I'm curious because one of my users asked me, but are there limitations on the number of Real-Time alerts that one user creates?

The reason I ask is because there are several users on the search head that can continue to search, but since user A has created 4 Real-Time alerts, whenever he goes to do a manual search, it gets queued. That search will stay queued until he either deletes or disables at least one of the Real-Time alerts.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You can control the ability overall with the built-in roles but it is binary, not quantitative. Also, the HW itself limits it because every Real-Time search consumes 1 CPU core permanently forever. This is why you should be VERY careful about Real-Time and make sure that you SPECIFICALLY engineer (over-build) your cluster with this in mind or you are going to have VERY big regrets and much pain.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...